You can have Blueberry Muffins using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of self-raising flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 each of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of almond essence.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 250 grams of blue berries.
Blueberry Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven 200°C/400°F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together thoroughly. And add cinnamon mix through.I like to sift dry ingredients at least 6 times as well as mixing.
- Beat the sour cream,milk,egg and almond essence.Tip into the dry mixture and fold together.The receipe says not to over mix as do most muffin receipes.I actually give it a good mixing together as I believe it gets the air in and my muffind all come up risen and light.I do my mixing by hand with a metal spoon.Over to you how you want to mix..
- Half fill sprayed muffin pans with mixture.I use the muffin paper cases.Make a small depression in each muffin with a damp teaspoon.Add a few blueberries to the depression.Spoon remaining mixture over the filling covering it completely.Add a few more blue berries to the top of mixture.I poke them into the mixture.
- Bake for 12-15minutes until muffins spring back when pressed or a toothpick comes out clean..
- I love my muffins warm so I wrap them in a paper towel and pop into microwave for 30 sec on high.Serve bythemselves or with icecream for a yummy desert.
Dougney is a professional chef, author, freelance writer and culinary consultant , He has worked at various 6 star hotels restaurants , catering companies, boat charters and major events. Favoring modern Canadian Cuisine with strong french influence Dougney brings attention to native products through his authentic recipes. He is author of The Crazy Chef, a unique cookbook offering creative menu selections using ingredients now available from his online store.